Here are the 6 basic steps you must complete to get into the apprenticeship program:
- Attend an Informational Session: Informational Sessions are held each month from September through January. Wages, school hours, school location, dues, benefits, types of work performed, and cost to the apprentice will be discussed along with answering any questions that may arise.NOTE: Please click on the full calendar to find a session to attend. Informational Sessions have been scheduled for the next application cycle, you can find all of the details by clicking on the Upcoming Event or click “view full calendar” to find a session that fits your schedule.
- Complete the checklist of required documents needed to apply: this checklist is handed out at the end of the Informational Session.
- Once your checklist is completed you must call the JATC office for an appointment to fill out an application and submit the required documents from the checklist and.
- You are now qualified to take our aptitude test. You will be scheduled to take the test late winter/early spring.
- If you score a 4 or better on the 1-9 scale on the aptitude test you will qualify for an oral interview: you will be scheduled to interview early in the spring.
- You will be ranked on the average of the 8 scores from the interview panel and possibly accepted into the program.