THE BEST TRAINING FOR APPRENTICES, JOURNEYMEN, AND INSTALLER TECHNICIANS IN WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS
The JATC’s goal is to provide the highest quality training to those interested in a career in the electrical industry in the following counties of MASSACHUSETTS: Hampden, Hampshire, Franklin, and Berkshire. We provide classroom and on the job training. You get paid while you learn!
What Do Local 7 Electricians Do?
Inside Wireman are electrical workers who install the power, lighting, controls and other electrical equipment in commercial, industrial, and residential buildings.
Installer/Technicians are electrical workers that install Voice, Data, and Video systems in all types of buildings.
Here are the 6 basic steps you must complete to get into the apprenticeship program:
- Attend an Informational Session: Informational Sessions are held each month from September through February. Wages, school hours, school location, dues, benefits, types of work performed, and cost to the apprentice will be discussed along with answering any questions that may arise.NOTE: Please see the calendar or review the upcoming events list for Informational Session dates. Informational Sessions will be scheduled for September 2017. Check the calendar later this summer for session dates.
- Complete the checklist of required documents needed to apply: this checklist is handed out at the end of the Informational Session.
- Once your checklist is completed you may call the JATC office for an appointment to fill out an application.
- You are now qualified to take our aptitude test. You will be scheduled to take the test late winter/early spring.
- If you score a 4 or better on the 1-9 scale on the aptitude test you will qualify for an oral interview: you will be scheduled to interview early in the spring.
- You will be ranked on the average of the 8 scores from the interview panel and possibly accepted into the program.
Some of the basic requirements for becoming an apprentice are:
1. Minimum age 17 to apply, 18 to be referred to work
2. High School Education or GED
3. One Year of High School Algebra
4. Qualifying Score on an Aptitude Test
5. Drug Free
6. Drivers License