Here are the 6 basic steps you must complete to get into the apprenticeship program:
- Attend an Informational Session: Informational Sessions are held each month from September through January. Wages, school hours, school location, dues, benefits, types of work performed, and cost to the apprentice will be discussed along with answering any questions that may arise.NOTE: Please click on the full calendar to find a session to attend. Informational Sessions are scheduled, 9-25-2017, 10-23-2017, 11-27-2017, 12-112017, 1-8-2018 find all of the details on the full calendar.
- Complete the checklist of required documents needed to apply: this checklist is handed out at the end of the Informational Session.
- Once your checklist is completed you may call the JATC office for an appointment to fill out an application and submit the required documents from the checklist.
- You are now qualified to take our aptitude test. You will be scheduled to take the test late winter/early spring.
- If you score a 4 or better on the 1-9 scale on the aptitude test you will qualify for an oral interview: you will be scheduled to interview early in the spring.
- You will be ranked on the average of the 8 scores from the interview panel and possibly accepted into the program.
What Do Local 7 Electricians Do?
Inside Wireman are electrical workers who install the power, lighting, controls and other electrical equipment in commercial, industrial, and residential buildings.
Installer/Technicians are electrical workers that install Voice, Data, and Video systems in all types of buildings